Monday, July 20, 2009

Past Memories...

I wanted to share with you some of the cakes from classes past. I taught a series of course classes that are near and dear to my heart. A couple of my students included my 9 year old neice Emily and my very own mother. It took a lot of convincing for her to take the course with my neice who is an aspiring pastery chef. My mom on the other hand did not like to bake at all. After a couple of nights in Course 1 my mom was convinced that she would never learn the Wilton rose. I told her to practice for the next 2 weeks and by the last class I promised she would be able to make one. She diligently practiced for 2 weeks with the help of my neice and the evening before the last class my phone rang. It was my mother. With excitement in her voice she yelled,"I did it! I have made a perfect rose. I am planning on making a ton of them for my cake tomorrow. I can't wait to show you." I was so excited for her. All of the frustration and hard work paid off and I saw my mom happily doing something she never thought she would enjoy. She continued on without my neice and took Course 2 and 3. Years later my mom now works at my sister's bakery as the pastery chef. Sweets are her specialty and she loves to decorate when she gets the chance. You may have a hidden talent and love that you don't know about either. Take that first class and experience first hand the joys of decorating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment